For test takers
- IELTS Indicator test will give you an opportunity to measure your ability in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- IELTS Indicator can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing has been suspended in some locations
- Universities and educational institutions can use IELTS Indicator for application purposes
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust
For universities and education providers
- It is a great way to gauge the English Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking levels of your prospective students
- The IELTS Indicator test uses official IELTS test questions and is marked using IELTS test criteria by qualified IELTS examiners
- It is available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended due to COVID-19
- What is the new IELTS Indicator test?
It is a test that includes Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections and uses live IELTS questions marked by real IELTS markers and examiners. This means that this test is more reliable than a mock test, as it provides a more accurate score.
- How can I register for the IELTS Indicator test?
Bookings are available on the IELTS booking system.
- Where will this test take place?
It is an online test and can be taken from the comfort of your home, provided there is internet facility.
- Will it be offered globally to all prospective test takers?
The test is available for a limited time in certain locations where IELTS testing is currently limited or suspended due to COVID-19. It is not available in mainland China.
- How much do test takers need to pay for an IELTS Indicator Test?
The test fee is $149 USD.
- How frequently will IELTS Indictor be offered in a specific market?
IELTS Indicator is available once a week at set times to test takers. Check the IELTS Indicator booking page for session times within your market.
- When will IELTS Inidator be available in the General Training Test format?
IELTS Inidcator is only available as an Academic Test at the moment. IELTS Indicator has been designed to support students who want to progress their University and Educational Institution applications during the COVID-19 crisis. It has not been developed for migration purposes yet.
- What accessibility features does IELTS Indicator provide?
The default, font sizes, line spacing and spacing between questions are designed to maintain readability of the information presented on the available screen space. IELTS Indicator also provides the option to enlarge the font size and change the colour settings to suit your needs.
- What identity security standards will be in place for the IELTS Indicator?
Test takers will need to provide their passport and identity document details when booking an IELTS Indicator Test. Test takers will also be requested to show their passport and identity document during the Speaking Test which is conducted over a video call.