Last updated: Monday 5 October 2020
We want to give you timely and up to date information about IELTS and Covid-19 restrictions. As of 11.59pm on Wednesday 7 October, Auckland will join the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 1 restrictions. Please remember, you legally must wear a face covering when travelling into, from or through Auckland on public transport or aircraft.
Test centres in an Alert Level 1 area may still operate in a restricted manner, ensuring that all Covid-19 requirements are being met. Read more about what to expect on test day here. Please check your test centres calendar for the next available tests in September and October.
IELTS testing in Auckland has resumed. There are additional precautions in place to ensure the safety of our test takers, our staff and the wider community. If you have any questions, please contact us now. We’re happy to help.
- Is my IELTS test still on?
For all cities in New Zealand
The majority of IELTS test centres have started testing again. Please check your test centre’s calendar for any updates and upcoming test dates in September and October. If you are located in another country, please contact your test centre or visit information for our global test taker community for more updates.
- When is the next available IELTS test in Auckland?
We know the temporary suspension of IELTS testing in Auckland was inconvenient, especially if you need a test for work, study or migration. However, to protect the health and safety of everyone, the Government put certain restrictions in place. That also means restrictions on IELTS testing. If you need an IELTS test urgently, please check the booking calendar below.
At the moment, are testing again but with additional safety precautions, of course.
- How can you practise while testing is suspended?
If your test has been suspended, we have prepared a few tools to help you use the time to improve your score.
- Set up a study plan
- Take a free IELTS practice test
- Get familiar with the computer format by practising with our free support tool
There are also a few other things you can do to position yourself to get your best score.
- I cannot attend my test due to the restrictions, what can I do?
If you are unable to attend your scheduled IELTS test in New Zealand due to the travel ban or specific government restrictions, please contact your test centre or contact us online to arrange a full refund or test date transfer.
- I am sick and cannot attend my IELTS test, what can I do?
You may be asked to complete a transfer/refund form and provide supporting documentation within two days after your test date. Your application will be reviewed by your test centre and you will be advised of the outcome.
- What changes have IELTS put in place in response to Covid-19?
IELTS is closely monitoring the evolving Covid-19 situation.
In response, IELTS Australia has made the following changes:
- All test takers in Australia are required to sign a declaration form regarding travel and quarantine before sitting their IELTS test
- We are increasing the space between test takers in computer-delivered and paper-based testing
- We are increasing the space between test takers and Speaking examiners
- We are maintaining the cleanliness of our test centres and computer-delivered IELTS labs, including computers, desks and headphones
- Test takers are permitted to wear face masks during their IELTS test
- Speaking examiners are permitted to wear masks during the Speaking test
If you are an international student in New Zealand or travelling to New Zealand to commence your students, please find more information and resources from IDP: https://www.idp.com/newzealand/corona-virus-information-for-idp-students/